ECommerce Product Photography
When you're selling products online, you are selling pictures before the product. In e-commerce only the image serves the medium of communication with your customers and it has to convey all about the product.
When there are numerous advantages of online shopping, one of the biggest shortcomings is that a customer can't have the complete product experience. They can't hold the product in their hands and get the real look and feel which every customer would like to have before making a purchase decision. They can only see the product through photos. Your ecommerce product photography will often decide the fate of your sale conversions.
Good e-commerce product photography is about capturing all possible details.
Here are few tips to make your e-commerce product photography better:
1. Background: A clean, white seamless background is recommended for most products. Use same background for your products to maintain the required consistency among images.
2. Equipment: Tools are the basic need for anything. Get a good camera, sturdy tripod, quality lights and other basic necessities commonly required for photography.
3. Context: Sometimes it's quite useful to evaluate a product with respect to its surroundings, especially where size matters. A bed sheet is always shown stretched on a bed for the purpose of showing its actual size.
4. Props: Whether props should be used or not? It depends on the product. Sometimes using props is very much suggested but at times it can prove killer for the product. When clothes look best on a model or mannequin, it can shift the focus away when used with jewelry.
5. Preparing: How you prepare the product really matters. Keep the product neat and clean and in presentable form. Make sure everything is perfect.
6. Many Angles: Show your product with multiple angles so that customers can see all the details of your product. Images are the only way to communicate with the customers in e-commerce, so don't leave the customer disappointed with very limited number of images. Show at least 6-7 images per product. Give a close-up view to capture minute and complex details.
7. Emotion: Emotions can be hard to express or communicate with a simple product image. Try to take shots that can emote. You can link your product with family values or something like this. The product is there but connected with emotions.
8. Consistency: It is very critical aspect in e-commerce product photography. Any professional e-commerce site must have consistency across all photos. All products should be photographed on the same backgrounds or with subtle changes. Consistency gives more smooth and professional look to your e-commerce website.
9. Size: Always present appropriate size images. Small pictures are not very effective with sales point of view. Keep high resolution large size photos for better sales conversion.
10. Video: If an image is a trailer of a movie, a video is like a whole movie. So extend your limits and offer a video of your product. Video will do wonders in case you are selling complicated products with moving parts or pieces.
Online shopping offers so much advantages but comes with one major downside i.e. customers can't have the product in their hand to feel the complete product experience. This limitation can be a huge barrier in purchase decision making. Customers have only product photos to interact with. Here e-commerce product photography plays a very crucial role in bridging this gap.
You May Also Like:-
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly